Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Missouri

My finance broke up with me and put me on the creditor list to dismiss chapter 7 after the creditors meeting. She owes me alot of money. I have documentation. Also she has mobile home which she provided an inaccurate appraisal of which is not done with proper model of. Is there anything I can do to recover the money she owes me. She was paying me monthly.

Asked on 2/12/14, 4:35 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith

If you were not listed, or given notice prior to the meeting of credits, you can ask to file an exception out of time. But, there us no guaranty that the Court will Grant it. If you hold a kitten on the mobile home, your lien probably persists. You can't sure her, while her zmbankruptcy case is open, unless you get leave from the Court.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 2/12/14, 5:03 pm
Alicia Beeler Villines Alicia Beeler Villines (sole practitioner)

Contact the trustee on her case and let him/her know that the mobile home is undervalued.

Read more
Answered on 2/20/14, 10:42 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Missouri