Legal Question in Criminal Law in Missouri

I missed my report date for a sentence of 2 days with 8 suspended. I was put on 1 year probation as long as i pay a small fine every month. The charges were failure of equip. and shoplifting under 500. What should i do and can i just keep my 2 days?

Asked on 5/29/10, 1:54 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law

Did you have an attorney? If so contact your attorney imediately. In most cases when a person fails to show up as you describe it, it causes more serious problems with the prosecutor and the Judge. Sometimes, your failure to show up will be considered a violation of the conditions imposed in your particular situationand then you will be resentenced . This means that you would be facing the conviction(s) and possible straight time. If you don't have an attorney you need to hire one.

Read more
Answered on 5/29/10, 9:27 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Missouri