Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Missouri

My brother died in 2014. Recently, I got a call from the retirement dept where he used to work, saying he has a pension that has never been used. I was asked to send them a legal document concerning his estate, that would be used to determine who is eligible to receive the pension money. The only relatives that I know of are: 1) His wife he divorced in 1975 (cannot locate), 2) His son born in 1970 (approx, and cannot locate), 3) His sister who is in a nursing home (medicare and medicaid), 4) Myself, his brother, retired and living at my house.

Do you know what document they are asking for? When I asked them, they said this was the first time they've encountered this situation. (I've already mailed them a copy of his death certificate, and his divorce decree).

Asked on 8/02/16, 2:11 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law

Many times a Court document is required. There are several different ones, any of which may be appropriate depending upon facts that are not included in your question. You need to consult with, and possibly hire, an attorney. Call me for a free telephone consultation at 314-727-2822.

Read more
Answered on 8/02/16, 8:35 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Missouri