Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Missouri

I work and pay child support ,yes I do have back owed .I have cases in Kansas , Missouri and Indiana . I am an heirs of an uncle that passed a while ago. Us child support able to take it when I have custody of one of them or does that matter

Asked on 5/25/16, 8:20 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith

It is rare (in Missouri) for a creditor to claim an interest in an inheritance. But, if the probate is in the same county where the child support order sits, it might be possible for them to learn of the inheritance. Si, it might be possible under those circumstances. Kansas will take note of money passing through their courts. But, I don't recall child support enforcement levying against an inheritance from outside the state. I have no knowledge or opinion about Indiana law.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 5/25/16, 3:31 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Missouri