Legal Question in Family Law in Nevada

Doe my wife have any rights to monies in my trust, from a home sale, if I owned the home prior to marriage. Or any monies of mine before marriage?

Asked on 2/18/14, 10:46 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

James Smith James E. Smith Ltd.

No, unless you commingle those funds in the same account, give the money to her or otherwise transmute the funds from separate to community property.

Read more
Answered on 2/18/14, 10:53 am
Marshal Willick Willick Law Group

Like most answers in law, "it depends" -- on facts you have not set out, including such things as whether payments were made on such a home during the marriage. For a recap of the rules governing this subject, see

Read more
Answered on 2/18/14, 11:52 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Nevada