Legal Question in Family Law in Nevada

I'm a married stay at home mom. I want to divorce my husband. He refuses me access to money, belongings, car etc. He also takes our child for days without allowing me access to her. He changed the locks on our home and has literally made it impossible to function. Where can I get the help I need legally? What are my legal rights as a mom and wife?

Asked on 2/16/14, 9:55 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marshal Willick Willick Law Group

You have not provided sufficient details to really know what orders might be granted by a court. The first thing you need is information. I suggest you start with the explanations and materials posted at:

There are also pages dealing with property division, fees and costs, spousal support/alimony, and the divorce process itself. All of those appear relevant to your situation.

Of course, what you need is individual advice for your individual situation. And while this firm actually does a tremendous amount of pro bono work, you should be aware that if you really cannot afford counsel, the local Pro Bono provider is the Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada, which can be called at 702-386-1070 (or see their information on the web at,com_jcalpro/Itemid,3/extmode,view/extid,15/). Those that take pro bono cases take them after they have been screened, and assigned, by Legal Aid. The Reduced Fee Panel sponsored by the State Bar can be reached at 702-382-2200. Additionally, there are free consultations offered on Thursdays at the self-help center; volunteer attorneys provide 15-minute consultations, for free, on family law questions. For those that wish to attempt self-representation, forms are available at the Clark County self-help center website, at Documents/self_help_supportingdocs.html.

I don�t know enough facts to advise whether there is a legal solution for some or all of your difficulties, but I strongly urge you to take advantage of some of the listed resources to find out what your options really might be.

Read more
Answered on 2/16/14, 11:02 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Nevada