Legal Question in Family Law in Nevada

I have recently split from my girl friend of 2 years we have a 1 year old daughter together she has moved back to California I live in Nevada as of right now we are splitting custody, but I'm afraid she will want full custody. The baby was born in Nevada. What are my options?

Asked on 1/06/14, 2:52 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marshal Willick Willick Law Group

As long as litigation is initiated within 6 months of her departure, the case should be heard in Nevada. As to what your options are, it depends on what you want, regarding custody of your child, and your (and her) relative capacities as a parent. For background, and primer on jurisdiction, see the resources posted at Of course, every situation is different, and for an individual review of your individual situation, you should consult with a family law specialist.

Read more
Answered on 1/14/14, 7:41 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Nevada