Legal Question in Personal Injury in Nevada

I recently suffered a broken ankle and knee injuries during a visit to a Las Vegas casino. The incident occurred when I was retrieving my 2 year old grandson from the jacuzzi area. As I slowly stepped down the stairs with my grandson in my arms, I stepped onto the bottom landing and my footing slipped from underneath me like ice. Resulting in breaking my left ankle and injuries to my left knee. Luckily my grandson was not injury in the fall. I created a incident report with the casino.Do I have the right to charge the Casino for my medical and loss time at work?

Asked on 8/11/12, 12:13 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

David Francis David Francis Law Firm

Proving liability / negligence in a slip and fall accident is difficult to do without the aid of an attorney. Yes, you can charge the casino for your losses, but getting the casino to pay is a different story. Talk to a personal injury attorney and discuss the details of your case with him or her.

Read more
Answered on 8/13/12, 8:17 am
John Courtney John Peter Lee, Ltd.

Whether or not you can prevail in any claim against the casino depends on whether the casino was negligent in maintaining a reasonably safe jacuzzi, and whether the type of injury caused to you was foreseeable. This sort of inquiry is very fact specific, and the facts you have included in your inquiry are not complete enough for a full and complete assessment.

Read more
Answered on 8/13/12, 10:34 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Nevada