Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Nevada

I am a judgment debtor. Under writ of execution sheriff's sale is scheduled in 4 weeks for a rental property owned by my retirement trust but the deed is erroneously showing me a grantee. Grantee info on the sale deet states, " John Doe DBA XYZ, inc

defined benefit pension plan" How can I protect this exempt asset. I have already filed an affidavit of exemptioin in Clark County NV, District court.

Asked on 8/31/15, 12:10 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Paul Malikowski Malikowski Law Offices, Ltd.

The filing of an Affidavit of Exemption, if timely, requires a hearing at the request of the judgment creditor. In the absence of a request, the Sheriff is not likely to conduct the sale.

Your attorney can explain further.

Read more
Answered on 8/31/15, 2:40 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Nevada