Legal Question in Family Law in New Hampshire

My ex and I have a current custody agreement in place for only 3 or 4 months now when she decided to take off to another state and leave the children in my care. We came to an agreement after that and now she wants to change it. I would like to keep the current agreement. What can I do to stop this from happening?

Asked on 2/17/14, 6:23 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Roy Weddleton Granite Law

Whatever your divorce decree says is what is in place until it is changed by the court. Of course, you can always both agree to change things but that only works if you both agree. If not then the divorce decree prevails until it is changed.

You should go to court and ask to modify the custody agreement because of a change in circumstances.

Read more
Answered on 2/17/14, 7:59 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New Hampshire