Legal Question in Intellectual Property in New Hampshire

I was recently in an accident on the Mass turnpike. We were in a 5-10 MPH stop and go traffic jam after a sporting event. A car behind me did not stop and rear ended me causing rear bumper damage of around $2K. The driver would not cooperate with me and give any paperwork or even exit his vehicle. He also did not wait around for police to show up. All I was able to get was a license plate number and an approx year and make of vehicle. My insurance company was able to put a name and address to the license plate. They said they

sent a letter to registered owner requesting insurance information but they got no response and therefore cannot pursue any longer. I was able to get a phone number for registered owner but it was no longer in service. Also I did not have collision on the car at the time. I also had 2 witnesses in my vehicle.

Question: How do I pursue this? Can I take them to small claims court with only a name and address? Do I need a lawyer? Is there anyway I can get the insurance information on the driver?

My question: Can I take someone to small claims court

Asked on 9/02/09, 2:19 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Sarah Grosse Sarah Grosse, Esquire

You have asked your question in the wrong catagory. Intellectual property is patents, trademarks, copyrights, and related law. Your question is one of General Civil Litigation and dictated by NH law. Please re-ask your question in the appropriate catagory to get an answer from a NH attorney.

Read more
Answered on 9/08/09, 8:04 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Intellectual Property questions and answers in New Hampshire