Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in New Jersey

Hi- I have a 3 year old and my neighbor below me is always playing very loud heavy base music.

I used to talk to his mom ( very nice lady) when she lived there and she would get her son to turn his music down but then he kicked his mom out and now it’s unbearable.

I tried to reach out with no success and today he was annoyed I rang his bell and came yelling at me. My hubby and I try to talk to him and he said he doesn’t care about kid or anyone. He’s allowed to play music as loud as he wants in his home. My husband said don’t waste my time on this Id**t and closed the door but he forced our door and came into our home charging at my husband.

Of course he was escorted out but he pushed his foot in between the door and wouldn’t shut up about suing us for harassment.

We’re tired. What can we do besides moving?

Asked on 8/04/19, 5:30 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Locksley Wade Law Office of Locksley O. Wade

It is best to call the police and tell them your story of a noise complaint. And, that the neighbor trespassed in your home.

Read more
Answered on 8/05/19, 3:31 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in New Jersey