Legal Question in Criminal Law in New Jersey

A friend of mine is in jail for a robbery charge he didn't commit and he got his bail set a week ago but, its too high.

I wanted to know can he file a motion hearing for a bail reduction?

How long should he wait to file one?

Also, he has a criminal past.

Now, can the judge put his bail higher because of his past?

That is what my friend is afraid of.

Asked on 12/18/13, 6:23 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ronald Aronds Law Office of Ronald Aronds, LLC

A motion for a bail reduction can be filed. You should hire a competent criminal defense attorney to do so.

Read more
Answered on 12/18/13, 2:19 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in New Jersey