Legal Question in DUI Law in New Jersey

I live in New Jersey and both my friend and I were involved in a car accident. My friend was the one driving but I had one unopened can of beer in the vehicle that cops found. I have a court summons coming up and have never been to court before. How long will it take? What will be the punishment? What should I say to the judge?

Asked on 11/28/15, 12:25 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys


You should have a lawyer....

There are many angles to this.

Was this your car ? Did you let your friend drink while driving the car?

You need an experienced lawyer. Having an open container in a car is an offense in itself.

Call me for free hone talk. 215 370-2608

Don't play around with this.

Saul phone

Read more
Answered on 11/28/15, 1:26 pm
Jef Henninger, Esq Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq.

Depends on how this is handled. Call me at 1-855-9-JEFLAW to discuss.

Read more
Answered on 12/01/15, 11:47 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in New Jersey