Legal Question in Family Law in New Jersey

My divorce decree states that I am responsible for Child Support for 4 years after high school graduation assuming my child attends college. She has spent 2 and a half years getting her Associated Degree and will be taking (at least) a semester off before POSSIBLY returning to school to complete her 4 year degree. Am I required to continue my payments seeing as how she has 'gone to college' but didn't spend 4 years doing it? (If it has an baring on things, she will be 21 in March of next year - 3 months after graduation from county college).

Asked on 9/12/17, 3:20 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Jef Henninger, Esq Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq.

You can file a motion with the court to emancipate her. Call me at 1-855-9-JEFLAW to discuss

Read more
Answered on 9/12/17, 3:53 pm
Robert Davies The Davies Law Firm, P.A.

If she is not a student, then you can file a motion to terminate child support.

you can call me to discuss, 201 820 3460

Bob Davies, Attorney

Robert F. Davies, Esq.

The Davies Law Firm, P.A.

45 Essex Street, Suite 3 West

Hackensack New Jersey 07601

Phone: 201-820-3459

Fax: 201-820-3461

Email: [email protected]


Read more
Answered on 9/13/17, 10:10 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New Jersey