Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in New Jersey

We want to sell our condominium. Our downstairs neighbor plays video games all night with very load base. They refused to cooperate after pleading with them about using headphones. We worked with our association and filed police reports (and the police noted the excessive noise and our neighbor slamming the door in their face). After 5 incidents the police told us they no longer want to be called if we want to complain about noise. Our association fined our neighbor but ultimately the association wants US to take our neighbors to court. We decided to move since we are old and need to live on a first floor anyway. Question 1: What do we have to disclose when we sell? We could stay and fight by going to court but we believe our neighbors would be violent towards us if we sued. We are retired and old. Question 2: We REALLY don't want to be unethical to the buyer of our condominium but what choice is left? Your advice is highly valued, thanks.

Asked on 5/03/21, 2:50 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Jef Henninger, Esq Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq.

When you sell your place, you will need an attorney for your closing. A lot of the time, your realtor will refer you to someone but you do not have to use that attorney. You can hire any attorney you'd like. If you would like to discuss how we can help you, call us at 1-888-982-4171

Read more
Answered on 5/03/21, 3:04 pm
Jef Henninger, Esq Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq.

I forgot to add, once you hire an attorney, he or she will advise you on all issues.

Read more
Answered on 5/03/21, 3:05 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in New Jersey