Legal Question in Personal Injury in New Jersey

I was involved in an accident, where I was a pedestrian and the driver did an illegal reverse, missing me by an inch. I received a notice of her summons to court. Is there reason for me to go to court to testify against her? Will she receive a "harsher punishment" if I'm there?

Asked on 2/22/11, 1:13 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lawrence Berezin Shapiro & Berezin, P.C.

You are a witness for the prosecution. If you don't attend court, this badly behaved driver may be found NOT GUILTY. If you have a lawyer for your personal injury case, I would consult with him before making a final decision.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 2/22/11, 1:57 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in New Jersey