Legal Question in Real Estate Law in New Jersey

a neighbor redid his retaining wall. he removed my survey stake and said he would put it back. he never put it back and it's been over a year. he never addressed to me that he was moving my survey without me knowing. am I entitled to sue him or what should i do? I want some advise that is all?

Asked on 8/11/20, 1:50 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Jef Henninger, Esq Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq.

a letter from an attorney can address this without having to go to court. Call us at 1-855-9-JEFLAW

Read more
Answered on 8/11/20, 1:54 pm
Walter LeVine Walter D. LeVine, Esq.

A letter can assist you, but there may be larger problem. Did his wall encroach on your property? Your survey could verify this if you have it checked. If he has encroached, you can sue him to either remove or relocate the wall, or compensate you for the loss of your property.

This should be covered by the letter asking him to replace the survey stake.

Read more
Answered on 8/11/20, 2:43 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in New Jersey