Legal Question in Social Security Law in New Jersey

My husband and father to my 2 children died very young at 20 in 2009, now i understand he didn't pay enough into his ss to have any money to give, but children born with disabilities automatically qualify and there are plenty of people who pass that do not pay out survivor benefits b/c they were single and had no children, y cant there be a way to help the families with similar situations where we lose an income able parent so ew are not struggling, on the verge of homelessness, getting paid the bare minimum but having to pay over 13-1400 for rent plus other bills!

Asked on 6/21/18, 8:56 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Randall Selagy F. Randall Selagy, P.C.

Your children may be entitled to SSI. Go to your local SSA office & apply

Read more
Answered on 6/21/18, 10:22 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Social Security Law questions and answers in New Jersey