Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in New Jersey

im a beneficiary of my moms estate in nj. my older sister is the administrator, and i dont trust her.....i signed of with the attorney which is a friend of hers, my younger sister did not, so the non trusted sister still under bond, the attorney is going to give me my money, at least what my sister and the attorney saying my part is, how o i fin out if my sister was bonded twice, forged our signatures, and is hiding a second half of money from.

Asked on 8/07/13, 1:36 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Robert Davies The Davies Law Firm, P.A.

You can find out what is going on by using the legal system. I have done a lot of this kind of lawsuits, and I can explain it to you. You may want to demand an 'inventory' and an 'accounting', either a formal accounting or more likely an informal accounting.

A lawyer really can help you, by looking over all of the court documents and finding out from you what has happened. A lawyer can also give you a clear explanation of what you can do about all of this.

There is a lot at risk here, and you do not want to lose all of that.

You need a lawyer to sit down with you and give you some advice.

I can explain things in detail in person after we talk. I will explain what legal issues I see, and what I can do to assist you.

This will be a free consultation. After we talk, you can decide what you would like to do.

Give me a call, make an appointment to come see me, and let's get moving on this for you. No charge for the telephone call and no charge for the first office visit.

Robert Davies, Esq. 201-820-3460

The Davies Law Firm, P.A.

45 Essex Street, Suite 3 West

Hackensack New Jersey 07601

Phone: 201-820-3459

Fax: 201-820-3461

Email: [email protected]



Please keep in mind that my response is just a general comment on your question, and not legal advice. I have answered based upon the law of the State of New Jersey where I practice; the laws in other states may be very different, and may result in very different outcomes. Your question and any response does NOT create an attorney-client relationship between you and this law firm. The exact details of your situation and things that you have not mentioned in your question can completely change the response I gave. You can not rely upon what I have written as legal advice, because I do not have all of the information that I need to advise you, I only have the very small amount of information that you put into your question. To get legal advice that you can rely on and use, please contact me directly.

Read more
Answered on 8/07/13, 1:57 pm

Walter LeVine Walter D. LeVine, Esq.

Bob is correct. You have the right to a full accounting, which should have been sent before you were requested to sign anything, unless what you signed is for a preliminary distribution and indicated as such. If you are not satisfied with the accounting, you can petition the Court to compel your sister to properly account. It is best if you have your own attorney. If any papers have been sent to the Surrogate that require your signature, you can obtain copies for a nominal fee. Then you can see if your signature was forged.

Read more
Answered on 8/08/13, 11:58 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in New Jersey