Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in New Jersey

I am executor for my mother's estate in NJ. All distributions have been made to her beneficiaries. Do I notify them that the estate is closed? Do I have to submit documents and/or log of distributions and expenses to the court? Thank you.

Asked on 7/13/20, 7:48 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jonathan Chester The Law Office of Jonathan S. Chester, Esq., LLC

You should be able to settle the estate without the need to go to court. You should prepare a simple estate accounting, and have the beneficiaries approve the accounting and sign a release and refunding agreement.

Read more
Answered on 7/13/20, 8:24 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in New Jersey