Legal Question in Banking Law in New York

My mother is stealing money from me. I had a youth bank account which my mother closed without my knowledge. She took the money in the account and used it for her only uses. Also, while the account was active my mother would constantly take out money from the account leaving me with less money than I put in. What should I do?

Asked on 8/17/20, 11:00 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Locksley Wade Law Office of Locksley O. Wade

If you go to your bank and ask them for reimbursement they will ask you for a police report of larceny against your mother. If its over $1,000 then its grand larceny (theft). The next question will be: are you prepared to have your mother prosecuted by the District Attorney where if she is convicted of larceny she could be incarcerated in prison for one year or more?

Read more
Answered on 8/17/20, 11:51 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Banking Law questions and answers in New York