Legal Question in Construction Law in New York

I have a verbal partnership with a person I met a few years ago on a flooring company in NYC. He ask me for $30,000.00 to be a partner plus he ran my credit crads to $21,000.00. Now I am out this amount and yet I have not recieved any income form him or the company..Yet I ask him to do the taxes for 2010.. He gives me the run around.. How can I deal wioth this legal problem..

Asked on 2/14/12, 8:23 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Markowitz Michael A. Markowitz, PC

More information is needed. However, based on your question, you should be dissolving the partnership and seeking a full accounting of how the money was spent for the partnership. If all money was funneled to the partner without any payment to you, that may be a breach of fiduciary duty and you may be able to obtain judgment against him for the money.


Read more
Answered on 2/15/12, 5:06 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Construction Law questions and answers in New York