Legal Question in Criminal Law in New York

My fiance is currently in federal prison on a drug conspiracy charge. In the sentencing paperwork part of the time he received was because of two prior convictions. I was told that any prior convictions dated more than 15 years from the date of the current conviction could not be used to enhance the current sentence. Is that true? and if that is the case I am guessing that it would not only reduce the offense level but also the criminal history that correct?

Asked on 10/15/19, 10:03 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Zev Goldstein Law Office of Zev Goldstein PLLC

You posted this question characterized as NY law, when this is a federal question. Maybe try reposting your question in a more specific forum.

Read more
Answered on 10/15/19, 7:31 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in New York