Legal Question in Criminal Law in New York

I hit a parked car last friday and ran. The person has video footage and says if i don't pay or fix it and pay for a rental they will go to the police and insurance. What should I do?

Asked on 9/30/16, 1:19 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Evans Robert S. Evans esq.

Pay if you can. In the alternative notify your insurance company & notify the police dept. It is a crime to leave the scene of a property damage accident.Settlement is always the best solution.

Read more
Answered on 10/01/16, 6:26 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in New York