Legal Question in Criminal Law in New York

do you have to be locked up in order to file for ineffected council or cah I be released from prison

Asked on 1/24/19, 12:58 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Zev Goldstein Law Office of Zev Goldstein PLLC

You can file a motion for ineffective council assistance of counsel if you had the right to counsel and your attorney's performance fell below the minimum standard. No relation to whether you are currently incarcerated.

Read more
Answered on 1/24/19, 1:08 pm
Robert Evans Robert S. Evans esq.

I fully agree with the prior answer. Any representation must meet certain standards ,jail is not an issue.

Read more
Answered on 1/25/19, 12:45 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in New York