Legal Question in Criminal Law in New York

Can someone sue me for my trustfund that was left for me from my deceaded dad?

Asked on 9/23/12, 12:46 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Arkady Bukh Bukh Law Firm, P.C.

While this is more of a civil law question than a criminal one, the answer would depend to two things. One is do you have clear access to your trust fund or do you need to go to a trustee to pay things through the trust. If you have a trust still active set up with a trustee, then whoever is suing you would need to sue the actual trust. Whether this would be successful would depend on how your trust is set you and what reason they are suing. You should discuss this with an attorney and certainly with the trustee of the account.

Read more
Answered on 10/07/12, 5:43 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in New York