Legal Question in Elder Law in New York

Can I sue if my relative died with money she acquired via fraud and it hurt me badly so much I have no place to live , the issue is what if she died left a will and I was not informed and the others were to get all the money and I never had a chance to contest the will since none informed me this would be on purpose they also moved out far far away to another state from NYC to AZ left us in a terrible situation which we cant recover from and they don't communicate the relatives who are handling her she is elderly and was always dangerous to others she did not like .

Asked on 3/22/19, 6:16 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Locksley Wade Law Office of Locksley O. Wade

Yes, its possible and complicated. The first thing you would need to do is find out where the will was probated; go to the Probate Office and read, take notes and copy the probate file. Then see an probate attorney to determine if this case has enough monetary value to file a lawsuit.

Read more
Answered on 3/23/19, 4:17 am
Richard Bryan Richard Bryan Attorney PC

I agree with the previous answer provided by attorney Wade.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 3/26/19, 8:52 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Elder Law questions and answers in New York