Legal Question in Entertainment Law in New York

I'm being sued for copyright infringement; they are giving me till Mon to get rid of my website and facebook and transfer to them my registration of the domain name for the profits I have made because part of my website name has their name in it. What can I do? I have already registered a new name and will have a new website but do I seriously have to hand over my old domain and ALL the profits I made under my old name to them?

Asked on 7/27/17, 4:43 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Frank Natoli Natoli-Legal, LLC

First, you are not being sued unless you were served with a court summons. You are being threatened with a lawsuit, that is a different thing.

You need a proper consult before you take any action. I suggest that you consult with a lawyer in private and discuss your objectives in more detail. You can start by calling around to several for a free phone consultation, get some insights then pick the best fit to work with.

If you would like to discuss further over a free phone consult, feel free to contact me anytime that is convenient.

Our firm is now referred by the American Bar Association (see under the New York section):

Kind regards,



[email protected]

DISCLAIMER: this is not intended to be specific legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. No attorney-client relationship is formed on the basis of this posting.

Read more
Answered on 7/28/17, 8:24 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Entertainment & Sport Law questions and answers in New York