Legal Question in Family Law in New York

I was divorced 2 years ago .I have a divorce agreement that my wife will get alimony for the next 9 years .I have my daughter and part of the agreement was I would waive the child support .

My understanding was this divorce agreement was a contract and once we both signed it no one can look for a modification .

Can some one tell me is she has a case

Asked on 6/27/16, 7:14 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Bunji Fromartz Fromartz Law Offices

In general she should not be allowed child support, but there are circumstances where this can change. You need an attorney to review the agreement and the complaint or motion your ex has filed. Do this immediately!

Read more
Answered on 7/12/16, 8:03 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York