Legal Question in Family Law in New York

Hi. I live in NY, and i had an altercation with a non-blood relative (cousin by marriage) in my home on December 1, 2009. I called the police and they gave me a Domestic Incident Report and Incident Information Slip. My question is, Can I STILL get a restraining order for that person?

Asked on 6/09/10, 9:50 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Markowitz Michael A. Markowitz, PC

You may make application for an Order of Protection. However, waiting six months to make the application will be held against you.


Read more
Answered on 6/10/10, 5:17 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York