Legal Question in Family Law in New York

I live In NYC. I am the legal guardian for my adult son who is mentally disabled. He has money in a court ordered bank account which he obtained from a car accident as a child. He lives in my home. I am not allowed to withdraw any of the money without a court order. He gets social security disability monthly which I use for his food and clothing and to assist with housing. My question is: I would like to purchase a small home but need help with the down payment. Will the court entertain such a request if I ask for some of the money to be used toward the down payment? thank you.

Asked on 9/01/16, 8:49 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

No way. The $ is for him.

Read more
Answered on 9/01/16, 9:10 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York