Legal Question in Family Law in New York

I am married and have one adopted child (age: 7) and one biological child (age: 2) with my wife. She was in a car accident and put my 7 year old in a coma while i was deployed to Afghanistan for the military. when i returned i saw that it was her perscription medicine dependency that led to the accident. i could not be with a woman that puts children in danger like this so i left her. she now wants spousal support from me after she caused me to get kicked out of the military and this horrific accident. how do i avoid paying this undeserving woman?

Asked on 4/29/10, 2:08 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Joel Salinger Law Office of Joel R. Salinger

You don't. Your wife is entitled to spousal support based upon the facts you state. You should contact an attorney to attempt to minimize the amount you might be required to pay.

Read more
Answered on 5/04/10, 9:53 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York