Legal Question in Family Law in New York

I recently came home from a long prison term. Can I address the about the accumulation of child support accrued past my children’s 18th birthday? Also, Is there a particular motion I can to address the continued accumulation of support during my incarceration?

Asked on 3/27/24, 2:59 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Howard Knispel Howard E. Knispel, P.C.

Unfortunately New York does not forgive arrears. Child support runs until the age of 21. Also, incarnation is not, in and of itself, a grounds for modification.

Read more
Answered on 3/27/24, 6:38 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York