Legal Question in Family Law in New York

In New York State

She is the mother of two children and her husband separated for 18 months

Has been sentenced in favor of this mother in the case of custody of children has been waiver of alimony

The husband refused to divorce. He said to her (you can divorce by yourself , I will not sgin any document)

Leaving her for 18 months alone

The husband signed the residence document that he will not return the marital residence again 18 months ago

In this case, is it permissible for a wife to obtain a divorce document as soon as possible?

And how long to get the divorce document

Thank you

Asked on 4/10/17, 11:54 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Philip Katz Fink & Katz, PLLC

Who is "she"? What do you mean "has been sentenced in favor of this mother"?

I believe that you have incomplete information from this woman to whom you refer, as if your scenario about the husband cooperating were true, in NYS she would have been divorced by now.

She apparently needs an attorney to help her if it has taken so long and she is still not divorced.

Read more
Answered on 4/10/17, 12:27 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York