Legal Question in Immigration Law in New York

Awaiting Citizenship

Me n-400 was processed in TX, since 03, when I moved to NY in 04 I changed my address and was told to wait for a swearing date. I'm still waiting. It's now 4 years, after several investigations, letters and visits to USCIS, in NY & TX, I'm being pushed around and told my case is pending, or they'll have to request it from a holding center. I even paid an attorney in March to inquiry, but I guess that was just a waste of time and money because I'm still getting the run around and wait talk. I'm confused. What should I do? Can you recommend and excellent attorney service that can help? This is also delaying my husband's n-130 application. Is my situationa unusual?

Asked on 6/12/08, 2:29 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Tsirina Goroshit Law Offices of Tsirina Goroshit & Associates, P.C.

Re: Awaiting Citizenship

Please provide me with more information, did you have your interview, was your name check cleared. In any event, it seems that you waited too much. You can contact me directly for a free evaluation of your case. We successfully handled number of cases like yours.

Read more
Answered on 6/12/08, 7:48 pm

Rachel Baskin Rachel Baskin, Attorney at Law

Re: Awaiting Citizenship

These cases can take time, but this seems like it is taking too long. Have you already had your interview in Texas or are you still awaiting that?It is best to find out where the case is pending; whether the file has made it to the appropriate New York office or not. An attorney can assist by making inquiries to the NY office, and through other types of liaisons.

You can feel free to contact me direclty to discuss what can be done.

Read more
Answered on 6/12/08, 2:35 pm
Alexander Tsiring The Tsiring Law Firm, P.C.

Re: Awaiting Citizenship

N-400 pending from 2003 seems to be too long. Immediate steps need to be taken. You need to consult an attorney who can review your documents and determine how to proceed quickly. There is no point to make any more inquiries, more agressive steps are needed.

You can contact our firm if you need assistance.

Read more
Answered on 6/12/08, 3:01 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in New York