Legal Question in Immigration Law in New York

How long does someone need to wait to file for citizenship when they get a greencard through marriage?

Asked on 11/26/13, 11:41 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Alexander Tsiring The Tsiring Law Firm, P.C.

If a person is still married to the same spouse through whom he/she obtained a green card, then it is 2 years and 9 months after receipt of the green card. If a person is not married anymore and married to a different spouse - then it is after 4 years and 9 months.

Read more
Answered on 11/26/13, 11:58 am
Bill Klein Law Office of Bill Travis Klein

Generally speaking 3 years for a green card through marriage to a U.S. Citizen (with presence in the U.S. at least over half the time) in order to file for Naturalization. Consult with an Immigration Attorney to walk you through the process.

Read more
Answered on 11/26/13, 12:01 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in New York