Legal Question in Immigration Law in New York

My wife is applying for her parents to receive their green cards. Parents are both from Brasil visiting. Can we apply for this while they are visiting and if so which forms do we require?

Asked on 3/17/19, 2:31 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

If she is a US citizen, she can file for One-Step Adjustment of Status. But, it would be highly advisable if they remain in the US while their adjustment is completed.

Christian M. Frank-Fas

Attorney at Law | Abogado

USADefend Immigration

Telephones | Teléfonos

Colorado: 303.993.1973

Cel: 720.772.6162


Practice limited EXCLUSIVELY to Immigration and Nationality matters.

DISCLAIMER: Practice limited EXCLUSIVELY to Immigration and Nationality matters.

Please bear in mind that all the information contained in this message, does not constitute legal counsel as of yet, and is purely for your information. Asking for any additional information or questions pertaining this legal matter has not created a legally binding Attorney-Client relationship, or a contractual relationship for your legal representation, until you have completed a Legal Representation Contract with us and we have accepted a retainer or deposit to initiate any legal proceedings.

Read more
Answered on 3/17/19, 2:46 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in New York