Legal Question in Employment Law in New York

My employer laid me off and provided a letter outlining my one month severence package. She then never paid the severence and decided she would not be making the payments. Can I sue her for the amount agreed upon? I was an at-will employee with no employment contract.

Asked on 5/03/17, 9:58 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Arnold Nager Arnold H. Nager, Esquire

You could probably file a wage claim based upon the letter. Alternatively, you could sue in Small Claims Court. It's worth a try. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 5/03/17, 2:46 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in New York