Legal Question in Personal Injury in New York

So i had a car drive through my livin room and hit me while i was sleeping on my couch. Based on the no fault laws in Ny im confused as to what type of compensation if any would i recieve since i have yet to get back any results from my orthopeduc. i suffered a sprain in my elbow which has caused nerve damage as well as a back contusion.

Asked on 12/09/19, 9:42 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Michael Krigsfeld William Schwitzer & Associates, P.C.

You are entitled to no fault benefits from the vehicle that came into contact with you for medical treatment and some other expenses (assuming there was contact). You have 30 days from the date of the accident to file your no-fault application so contacting an experienced attorney immediately is crucial. You also will have a claim for personal injuries you sustained. Again, you have rights that need to be acted on quickly. Do not speak with any attorneys or the insurance company before contacting an attorney. Please email me ([email protected]) your contact information or call me at 347-702-4133 for an absolutely FREE consultation.

Read more
Answered on 12/09/19, 9:48 pm
Eric Rothstein Rothstein Law PLLC

You need to file a no-fault claim with the driver’s insurance company to get your medical bills and lost wages paid. You have a property damage claim against the other driver. Whether you have a personal injury claim depends on the severity of your injuries as you need to show a “serious injury” as defined by the Insurance Law. Feel free to contact me.

Read more
Answered on 12/10/19, 3:35 am
Tanya Gendelman Law Offices of Tanya Gendelman, P.C.

You need to hire a personal injury lawyer to make sure your medical bills are paid and you get a fair settlement at the end. Feel free to call our offices at 718-616-1414 for no obligation consultation.

Read more
Answered on 12/10/19, 5:41 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in New York