Legal Question in Personal Injury in New York

I received a letter from an attorney retained by someone who is suing me that fell in front of my property while talking on the phone. I have partial coverage by my Mortgsge company while I was in the process of obtaining coverage. How do I go about this? I have proof of this person walking and not paying attention when she tripped.

Asked on 1/06/20, 11:44 am

2 Answers from Attorneys


I suggest you retain an attorney for consultation NOW, not tomorrow, not next week, NOW. You may be in great trouble if you have no coverage. And I do not mean call me; any litigation attorney with good reviews will do.

Read more
Answered on 1/06/20, 11:49 am
Michael E. Zuller Zuller Law Offices

At the very least, notify the mortgage company of receipt of this letter, and always jot down the name of the person you speak with. They may provide you with a defense. If you are not promptly assured, in writing, of legal representation, go about retaining a lawyer. I would also take photos of where you saw the person fall.

Read more
Answered on 1/06/20, 12:23 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in New York