Legal Question in Real Estate Law in New York

I live in Nassau County my landlord all the sudden his room playing his music day and night so loud I’m falling to sleep at work I can’t even watch TV because I can’t even hear it I’ve called him numerous times he does not answer the phone one of the neighbors was a landlord also has tried calling because he’s friends with him and he won’t answer his calls I know this is illegal I know it’s called quiet enjoyment he sounds like he’s drunk

I spoke to the police last night you told me to try to have someone talk to him because it might make things worse if they come what can I legally do is there a letter I can give him to give him hours or something I’ve already called the broker who rented me this place almost 2 years ago she’s looking for another place for me I do not have anywhere to go thank you

Asked on 2/24/19, 4:31 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Richard Bryan Richard Bryan Attorney PC

Go to Family Court in Nassau County and fill out the paperwork and ask for a Temporary Restraining Order (TRO) for your neighbor to stop playing the music loud. The judge may or may not sign the TRO, but at least you can start doing something. You don't need a lawyer. Also go to the Police Station and fill out a complaint like I told you.

Read more
Answered on 2/24/19, 6:01 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in New York