Legal Question in Real Estate Law in New York

My parents are divorced and are trying to transfer the deed to our home from one to the other. The deed is currently in my mother's name, we need to transfer it to my father's name. This is necessary for us to prevent foreclosure. Is a Quit Claim deed sufficient for this, or are more forms required?

Asked on 4/08/17, 10:14 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Richard Bryan Richard Bryan Attorney PC

How far along is the foreclosure process? How can the divorce have already gone through and the house still be in both names? Why didn't the matrimonial lawyer take care of this? As you know this is an important question and there's too much at stake to give an answer without understanding how mom and dad got to their current situation.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 4/09/17, 9:36 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in New York