Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in New York

My brother and I were left a CD by a deceased relative. The problem is that she listed our last names wrong. She used my domestic partner's last name, thinking we were married. And she used my mother's maiden name for my brother thinking he went by that name since our parents divorced when we were very young. It has been 3 years now. Bank will not release without court order. We cannot afford a lawyer. We have much documentation proving our identity and the connection to the names she thought we had. Please help. This is so frustrating.

Asked on 8/11/18, 3:13 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Richard Bryan Richard Bryan Attorney PC

You're going to need a lawyer who agrees to take their fee out of the CD when it's collected.

Read more
Answered on 8/12/18, 8:08 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in New York