Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in New York

I live in another state far away from NY State. How do I open a estate bank account after being appointed voluntary administrator by a surrogate court in NY in my deceased parents name if the NY State bank requires me to be in NY State and I am not! There was no will.

Asked on 2/13/19, 9:20 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Richard Bryan Richard Bryan Attorney PC

Why do you need to open the bank account in New York? Open it at your local bank.

Read more
Answered on 2/13/19, 10:00 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in New York