Legal Question in Criminal Law in North Carolina

A criminal attorney is suing me for non-payment for a case that they quit during the process. I do not have any assets nor do I have any money. I have a car payment and l live with my brother. What are the ramifications

Asked on 7/22/18, 3:29 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Clarke Dummit Dummit Fradin (Winston-Salem Office)

He/she may get a piece of paper (Judgement) saying you owe money, but it is probably meaningless since it sounds as if you are judgement proof.

Read more
Answered on 7/22/18, 4:53 pm
Amanda Houser The Houser Law Firm, P.C.

The attorney has more likely merely threatened to sue you in the hopes you may be scared and pay but likely isn't actually suing you as that would likely be really dumb and while there are some exceptions, most attorney's are not dumb. Based on your description of your assets, if the attorney actually sues you, all they may get is a judgment that will have about the same worth as used toilet paper.

Read more
Answered on 7/23/18, 5:20 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in North Carolina