Legal Question in Family Law in North Carolina

My boyfriend lives in North Carolina and wants a divorce from his wife but he does not know where she lives. They have been seperated for over 4 years.

Asked on 2/22/14, 1:55 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Amanda Houser The Houser Law Firm, P.C.

No problem. NC allows for service by legal publication (basically an ad in an approved newspaper where the spouse was last known to live) if a diligent search has been done and the spouse can not be found. Our firm can handle the divorce for $395 which would cover everything except for the cost of the publication. Each newspaper sets its own prices and they vary from reasonable to outrageous!

Read more
Answered on 2/23/14, 8:25 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in North Carolina