Legal Question in Family Law in North Carolina

If a custody is in place; stats father can have the weekends, but wants to keep the child until Monday. Can I call the police after 12 Pm to get him to return the child back to the mother's care?. Both parents have joint custody, but the child resides with Mom. Mom, also have physical and joint custody

Asked on 1/31/20, 5:24 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Amanda Houser The Houser Law Firm, P.C.

Maybe if the police are inclined to accommodate such a ridiculous idea. However, involving police for something like that is petty and more importantly damaging to the children (unless of course they have already been subjected to numerous incidents of trifling trailer park drama such as you suggest to the point that they are use to it). If you have a custody order and one party violates it, the appropriate remedy is to pop 'em good and proper with a motion to show cause.

Read more
Answered on 1/31/20, 6:15 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in North Carolina