Legal Question in Family Law in North Carolina

how do I file a petition with the court to termatate the rights my 9 month old daughters father has to her he is willing to sign rights away and I am aware he will not have to pay anything for her this is fine I just don't know how to go about doing it and I really don't have the money to hire a lawyer to do it for me help please

Asked on 2/07/14, 1:29 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Unless you are an attorney a Petition to Terminate Parental Rights is most likely beyond your abilities. Even if you are potentially capable of handling it yourself - you shouldn't. In any event, everything you would need to know in order to file the Petition yourself can not be fit into a forum like this. You may want to check to see if there is Legal Aid in your area or start contacting local attorneys to see if any of them will offer you a reduced fee or perhaps pro bono.

Read more
Answered on 2/07/14, 1:39 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in North Carolina