Legal Question in Family Law in North Carolina

Can I get legal joint and physical custody of my daughter even if I'm not the biological father but been her dad since day one

Asked on 4/01/14, 4:57 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Amanda Houser The Houser Law Firm, P.C.

Probably not unless you adopted her. Otherwise, you basically have no rights at all - not even to visitation. So you are pretty much on your ex's good graces if you want to continue to be part of the child's life.

Read more
Answered on 4/02/14, 7:21 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in North Carolina